- Project title
- Quality of life and health: A comparative study on Australian and Croatian people
- Gorka Vuletic (Deakin University), supervised by Professor Robert Cummins
- Postal address
- School of Psychology, Deakin University, 221 Burwood Hwy, Burwood 3125 Victoria
- Project dates
- Commenced April 26th 2001
- Anticipated completion December 2003
- Nature of the project
- Thesis research - Doctoral
- This research was founded by the Australian Government through the Department of Education, Training and Youth Affairs through Australia-Europe Scholarship and promoted by Australian Education International.
- Brief description
The aim of the research is assessment of the impact of received social support on functional health status and life satisfaction in Croatian emigrants in Australia (Melbourne). To determine their major sources of satisfaction and dissatisfaction, and to discover links between such factors and health. I will be comparing results from Croatian immigrants in Melbourne with normative data for Croatian population. Findings from this research may further our understanding about the factors which impact upon subjective quality of life, particularly for those who experience significant changes in life circumstances as, through immigration.
I will also investigate the subjective quality of life and self perceived health status of students at Deakin University and students in Croatia from the University of Zagreb. The effects of perceived control and social support on subjective quality of life will be compared.